Mandatory quarantine seems bliss to some who love plenty of alone time. But rumour has it that being literally confined to one space for 14 days is no fun for anyone–whether it’s in a hotel or the comfort of your own home.
“Avoid it if you can – it’s no picnic,” says The Travel Doctor.
But avoid it, you cannot if you’re moving to Australia. So why not just make use of this time to accomplish the necessary paperwork? This way, when coming out of the 14-day isolation, you’re ready to start your business.
Here are our quarantine tips:
14 Productive Things To Do Whilst In Quarantine
3. Look for local places of interest you can visit after quarantine.
4. Make a bucket list of restaurants and places to go.
5. Plan a mini-vacation to regroup as a family.
6. Book driving licence appointments. Check your state:
7. Complete Medicare paperwork. The Medicare forms are listed in alphabetical name order. Contact us if you need more help.
8. Apply for your Tax File Number.
A tax file number (TFN) is free and identifies you for tax and superannuation purposes. It’s yours for life. You keep the same TFN even if you change your name, change jobs, move interstate or go overseas.
9. Get insurance (if you haven’t yet). We wrote a blog about insurance top tips.
10. Complete a grocery shopping list for your first night out
11. Prepare a grocery shopping list for your new home, including cleaning and pantry supplies so you can just click the SEND button the day prior to moving in.
12. Shop online for any furniture items you might need.
13. Update your LinkedIn profile – very widely used in business here
14. Start something new, there are so many free lessons online, art, Tai Chi, Yoga.
If you are looking for a one-stop-shop to manage your relocation, we at Personnel Relocations can help you. We understand that every relocation is different and each one has different goals.
To contribute to your settling in Australia, we have alliances with experts such as relocation mentors, life coaches, cross-culture trainers, baby equipment hire, business communication specialists, local and international furniture removals, interior designers, decluttering, unpacking and setting up trades services who can help with specific needs.
It is not unusual for Personnel Relocations to handle the full suite of relocation needs, all from just one call.